Friday, August 7, 2009

Mommy

So I've been thinking the last few days and then even more today about my mom and with it being her birthday and all. I was thinking this morning about all the things she has done for me, taught me and shown me in my life and while I could never list them all...well I could but really that could take days since I would suddenly remember one in the middle of the night or something like that...so lets start and see how far I get now and then anyone reading this will just have to remember that its really much longer.
1. She taught me how to do laundry and how to get stains out of almost anything, and what to do if I mess something up
2. She taught me how to cook. I may not be a culinary chef but I know how to make things and how to follow a recipe book to make other things.
3. She loves me no matter what.
4. She never gave up on letting me follow my dreams even if they seemed unattainable at times or when I called and wanted to quit and come home.
5. She taught me how to be clean and organized in my own home.
6. She made sure that I alway knew that I was loved everyday.
7. She has instilled in me a love of reading that I will forever be grateful for. I have always been taught that if you can read you can learn something. That plus I'm never short on books to read since we seem to have the same tastes most of the time.
8. She taught me how to be responsible with my life in every aspect.
9. She taught me to fight for what I wanted and never give up.
10. She showed me through numerous examples the power of the Holy Ghost, prayer, the priesthood, and faith in its most simplest forms.
11. The song Honeymoon Feeling always and forever will make me think of my parents and their love for each other and how its never faded.
12. I want to have a home like her someday even if I will never posses her amazing homemaking skills.
13. I will never be able to drink real kool-aide again, but I also can drink diet pop and it not be the end of the world like it is to some people. 
14. She taught me to sing and enjoy music and even play instruments even if I didn't want to practice somedays.
15. As much as I hate to admit it even all the chores and cleaning she made me do every summer as taught me how to keep a house and rid it of gross things to stay healthy...although I will never honestly appreciate scrubbing tile grout though I will at least know how to do it if I had to.

Ok thats all I can think of for now. 
Happy Birthday Mom!!!!

Ok so now a little bit about me and what I've been up to.
I have been put back in the field on night shift. They hired a guy to replace me and so I didn't have much of an option. Although I must say I don't know if it was very thought out on the higher ups part. From what I'm being told since I left, which has only been 2 weeks. no one like my replacement and they want me back in staffing. Also the girl that took my place in DME due to her seniority in the company has put in her 2 week for the second time and the boss has to keep talking her out of it. I told them when they were going to move me that she kept telling me she wouldn't do what I did back there and no one believed me...till now anyway. So from what they say it may not be long till I get pulled back into the office. For now I'm enjoying being back in the field and using my skills even if it is night shift. 
Suprisingly enough the sleeping part hasn't been that bad and I've developed a good routine to stay awake for a few hours later in the morning so I'm not waking up at 2 and not being able to go back to sleep. My favorite part about working nights is all the reading time I get. Most people ask how I can do it and not fall asleep. Well truth is even if I'm tired I don't want to go to sleep when its a crazy awesome book! Plus not only do I not want to but I can't just watch TV for hours and hours at night. So I usually walk in with a big bag of things to do like my DS, movies, my journal, plenty of paper to write letters or whatever, books, coloring books and crayons, my cross stitching and other things. Usually about this time I start thinking about Christmas and what to do for and get people that I love. 

Other than that not much has been going on. I keep hoping that maybe Russell will get that job at Conoco Phillips and they'll move to Bville!!! HA HA!! That would be so freakin awesome! Oh by the way did you guys know they have a museum down there? I saw it a few weeks ago when I went down for my yearly.... :( 
OH!! 
16. She at least tried to prepare me for that most incredibly uncomfortable moment in my life. To this day mom I have to say that you telling me "it will be a little uncomfortable" IS A HUGE UNDERSTATEMENT!!! :)
Bartlesville growing too. It keeps expanding further south on 75. The best part for Shyla though would be the Bueno! :)

Anyway, thats all I have to ramble about for now. And Beast...I kept my part of the deal. :)

I love you all!
Sis

No comments: