Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Random Thoughts

First of HAPPY ANNIVERSARY (late I know) to Russell and Shyla!! YAY!! One year!! Thats fun!
Ok so lets start with this Sunday. I don't recall the specific topic that was given to the speakers and while there were still a number of things that struck me this poem that the last speaker recited jumped out and smacked me! Its nothing amazingly special just one of those things that makes you think a little bit more. It doesn't have a tittle, but her sister is the one who wrote it.

They put Him on trial
They asked Him his name-
What was his purpose and
From whence he came?
Boldly he told them, "I am the Lord,
I come from above to spread
Gods work"
They laughed at His claim,
Spit on His face - then they
demanded that I take his place!
In front of a jury made of my
friends - I was asked,
"This man, do you defend? Do you
follow his teachings, believe with
your heart? Will He always in your
life have a part?"
I looked to my Savior, the Lord,
Jesus Christ.
I knew that He loved me by the look
in His eyes.
I looked to the jury made of my
friends and with surety answered,
"His name I defend."
To stand as a witness I've sworn I
would do,
No matter the trials I may be put
through.
He is my Savior, my Lord, my
friend.
I will stand as a witness for Him to
the end.
The courtroom fell silent - they all
went their ways
Each one contemplating what they
heard that day.
When your turn comes to be put on
the stand,
Will you have the courage to raise
up your hand in front of a jury
made up of your friends?
Will you, the Savior, always
defend?
- Jeanette N. Work
Just think about that.
And now I'm going to fill out the survey that Caleb had on his blog several posts ago cuz I think its interesting.
1. Last kiss? My patient! She gave me a kiss good bye when I left today...though it was one of the open mouth lots of slobber kind! :)
2. How do you flush the toilet in public? Depends on if I'm feeling germy but usually just my hand.
3. Do you wear your seatbelt in the car? Always
4. Do you have a crush on someone? No
5. Name one thing you start to get tense about if you are close to running out of it: Money
6. What famous person do you (or other people) think you resemble? I don't think I look like anyone famous
7. Favorite pizza topping? Pepperoni!!
8. Finish this sentence: If my life was a sitcom my theme song would be...Why Not by Hilary Duff
9. Do you pop your knuckles? All the time!
10. What song do you dislike the most when it gets stuck in your head? anything thats annoying
11. Did just mentioning that song make it get stuck in your head? Nope
12. What are your super powers? To help people feel better when thier down or very sad and crying
13. Peppermint or Spearmint? Peppermint
14. Where are your keys? In my purse
15. Who's answers to this questionnaire do you want to hear? Anyones
16. What's your most annoying habit? Worrying and biting my nails
17. Where did you last go on vacation? Colorado
18. If you could punch one person in the nose and get away with it, who would it be? She shall remain nameless
19. What is your best physical feature? Either my hair or my butt
20. What CD is closest to you right now? A mix CD from my itunes
21. What 3 things can always be found in your refrigerator? Milk, eggs, V8 Splash
22. What superstition do you believe/practice? I kiss my hand and hit the top of the car if I go under a yellow light
23. Does size matter? When it comes to Cookies and jeans yes!
24. Paper or Plastic? Papers better for the environment
25. Do you talk on your cell phone when you drive? yes but only with my head set
26. What are your favorite sayings? I say a lot of things
27. What song do you sing most often in the shower? whatevers in my head or on the movie
28. If you could go back or forward in time would you, and where would you go? I don't want to go back in time.
29. What is your favorite Harrison Ford movie? Air Force One
30. What CD is in your stereo? Theres 5 different ones
31. What OCD qualities do you have? I don't know
32. How many kids do you plan on having? 3
33. If you could kiss someone famous who would it be? Orlando Bloom
34. Would you really want to kiss someone you didn't know? No
35. Would you rather die in a blaze of glory or peacefully in your sleep? peacefully in my sleep
36. What is your favorite movie? The Holiday
37. What candy from when you were a kid do you miss the most? The Koalah Cookies with the chocolate in the middle
38. Favorite musicians/band you've seen in concert? NSYNC and Chris Brown
39. Have you ever been in love? Yes
40. Is there anyone who you wish would just fall off the face of the earth? Yes
Oh and I just wanted to make something very clear to all of you that read this...I DON'T SHAVE MY LEGS EVERYDAY!!! I only do it once a week on Saturday night so I'm not hairy at church when I wear a skirt. So all of you just need to stop with this whole I take half hour showers everyday so I can shave. :P
Its super hot here all day everyday starting early in the day now. Though not as hot as Houston and I'm glad for that! But we've also been getting massive amount of rain for days in a row and so we also get flooding problems. The news people said we should send it to California so that it will help stop the fires that keep starting and that are currently being fought.
I've also decided that I'm totaly in love with my Peach and Sweet Berries candle that mom bought me several years ago for Christmas and I've about used it all....guess I'll have to go hunt for it at Yankee.
Oh and thank you mom for instilling in me the sense to behave and clean up things and to treat people nicely. I don't know why but people seem to feel the need to remind me of that blessing daily it seems.

Anyway, I hope you all are having fun! Enjoy whats left of the week and remember what that poem says.

Hugs and Kisses to all!

No comments: