Monday, February 4, 2008

School is....



This is my nursing badge that I have to wear whenever I'm in the hosital at all times so that no one mistakes me for an actual nurse. Funny, I like this one a lot better than the one I had in LPN school. That plus my scrubs are dark blue and not white! YAY!! No one will be able to see my underwear this time!! :) Its been an interesting week with school and all. I did my second journal entry and it required me reading a magazine article that talked about or used critical thinking so I used one that talked about balancing electrolytes and what to look for to figure out which out of balance it was. So that was all good and I seem to do really well on those. And then I looked at my grades and I got an 82% on my first exam!! YAY!!! How awesome is that! Go me!! We did assesments and I didn't pass with flying colors....I wasn't greatly confident in the heart and lungs. The reason being is I didn't practice as much as I should have, and because when your an LPN they only expect you to listen to the heart beat and make sure the lungs are clear in all the lobes. Well as an RN its much more extensive. You have to listen to 5 areas of the heart which are the Aorta, Mitral and Tricuspid valve and then two other places, and in the lungs there are 20 places to listen to!! Its crazy! But anyway, the teacher said she'd post some times for us to come and redo it so I'll have to take care of that this week but its ok I've got my legal and ethical paper due, 3 chapters to read, my community project and probably some clinical stuff to do. It'll be a busy week for school stuff.

No comments: