Monday, January 7, 2008

Its a new year!

Happy New Year to you all!!!

So far its been a busy start to the new year but I welcome it! I've now started school. Work has been interesting. And social life has been kinda slow but good.

So I was totaly not happy with having to come back to Oklahoma after Christmas. I never get to spend enough time at home and lately it would seem that I miss being there more than normal. I'm not sure why but I guess thats part of growing up and being out on your own so much, you miss not being at home and you miss all the things that go on there. It was tons of fun to be there though! Cooper's surgery was...lol..memorable! And for all those that weren't there I have a video on my phone that ya'll can see when I see you. (which is a subtle hint that ya'll need to make arraingments to see it...and come see me!) Spending time with Beast (she's so tall!) and mom and dad was good too! Its nice when you get to be home and you don't have to worry about the crap that is going on every where else.

Anyway, I started school this past Saturday. HOLY CRAP!! Man I have so much work ahead of me but I'm so excited too! We have class all day Saturdays and then some days it will be lecture in the morning and clinicals in the afternoon and evening. But here's the break down of my program. Spring semester: 1st 8 weeks is Bridge, 2nd 8 weeks is Psych; Fall Semester: 1st 8 weeks is OB, 2nd 8 weeks is Peds; Spring semester 1st 8 weeks is Advanced Med Surg, 2nd 8 weeks is transition into the RN clinical role (or something to that affect). But in the Spring I'll be a level for, right now I'm at level 3. And the other crazy part is in the Spring its like clinicals all the time! Like these are the 12 hour ones! Its going to be so crazy! But I'm excited about it. Well ok so I'm like scared out of my mind after how they put everything on Saturday but it was the first day and they were explaining everything so it was a lot of stuff. I have to have the first 5 chapters read for class on Saturday, which isn't that bad cuz the book is like so skinny.
Its all part of a new chapter in my life so I say bring it on!

Work....well I had to let my case manager know that I'm concerned about my little patient. I came back and he had lost a tooth! Now normaly this wouldn't seem a problem but the kids 4! We brush his teeth everyday..or well I do at night when I'm there, and we are giving him the feedings the doctor said to...oh wait no I am but mom is either refusing or forgetting the over night feedings and then wondering why he gets upset because he's hungry! I told my case manager and she's going to have his doctor do some blood work and then call a meeting with the family and people involved in his case. I mean seriously! How do you let things get this bad at home that you neglect to watch or take care of your son!? UGH!!! Anyway, she's wanting nursing on the weekends now to and is mad because the office isn't able to staff it. Well guess what the office doesn't have the ability to staff everyone! That plus nurses don't want to work 10 hours on Saturday and Sunday! Every school I've ever seen offers all their classes on weekdays so why can't she do it then? She doesn't work she doesn't do anything except sleep and eat! Anyway, she's upset to because the office is staffing me out on Saturday after I get out of school and she's like I should get you on Saturdays I need the nursing! Man whatever!
I'm done talking about it.

The rest of life is good. Just the usual with studying, working, hanging out with friends and chillin on my own. Apple and I are thinking of taking a dance class together to get some exercise and have some fun together. Jemari is starting NSU and working two jobs...we're both a little lost as to when we'll see eachother but we'll make it work. :) I know you guys don't want me to be with him and want me to move somewhere else to find a man. But what you guys don't see is how happy I am with him and how much we love eachother for who we are. I know he isn't a member and I know that is a dissapointment to you all but it isn't to me. And as much as thats going to hurt and shock you all...I'm sorry. I don't know if he and I have a future together or not, but I'm willing to see if we do.
I know you all now want to talk to me, yell at me, whatever but I don't want to hear about it. I know the consequences, I know that you all are mad that I'm doing this, I know that you all want whats best for me but, whats best for me right now is to be happy and I am. So if thats not what you guys want for me then I don't really want to hear it.

I love you all! I hope you all had an awesome New Year and are making new goals and plans to fulfil this year!

2 comments:

gravityguysgirl said...

Open defiance and deliberate disobedience always have consequences. Just read the scriptures.

Caleb said...

Yeeeeaaaahhhhh.....that's really gonna suck for you kiddo. Good luck with that.